ACE, together with sister company BRACE Automotive, organised the development project between a GPS navigation system manufacturer and a passenger car manufacturer from the European market. The two organisations are very different: technical cooperation and direct communication were the main challenges.
Our multilingual teams, consisting of a development team in Eindhoven and two resident engineers on site at the end customer, ensured flawless integration of the navigation system. As an integrator, we were in close contact with the development departments of our customer and the end customer.
Our main tasks were:
- integration of specific connectors for the automotive industry in accordance with European standards
- development/modification of circuit boards and electronic component housing design for integration into the dashboard
- creation of parts for the production of plastic injection tools
- numerical validation of the European standard ECE-R21 in relation to crashworthiness
- creation of 3D CAD assemblies with CATIA V5 in accordance with the standards and requirements of the vehicle manufacturer
- validation of 3D CAD quality with the right Checker
- preparation of assembly drawings according to ISO dimensions and tolerances
- provision of drawings according to the norms and standards of the vehicle manufacturer
As a result of this successful cooperation, we have been selected to carry out several projects of the same type. We have been recognised by the customer as a supplier of CAD A+ quality.